Gender and Development
The collection, consolidation, and drafting of the government’s mandated reports (and its supporting internal reports and documents) comprise a significant part of the UPDGO’s work and operations on top of its regular program areas. The Magna Carta of Women (MCW) requires the preparation and submission to the Philippine Commission on Women (PCW) online via GMMS (Gender Mainstreaming Monitoring System) of two annual reports: (1) the UP Diliman Gender and Development Plan and Budget (UPD GAD PB), which is prepared two years in advance and submitted a year before; and (2) the UP Diliman Gender and Development Accomplishment Report (UPD GAD AR), which comes due in January of the following year.
In 2020, we prepared the following reports and supporting documents, in accordance with the memoranda released by the PCW on changes in both the schedules of submissions and the State University submissions to a central office – which is the Center for Women’s and Gender Studies (CWGS) in the case of the UP System:
- The 2020 UPD GAD Plan and Budget
- submitted to the PCW (GMMS), Office of the Chancellor, CWGS, and the UP Diliman Commission on Audit (COA)
- The 2021 UPD GAD Plan and Budget
- Submitted to the CWGS, Office of the Chancellor, and UPD COA
- Approved and cleared by the Office of the Chancellor
- The 2019 UPD GAD Accomplishment Report
- submitted to the PCW (GMMS), Office of the Chancellor, CWGS, and COA
- Endorsed by the PCW
In 2021, we have done the following towards the consolidation, drafting, and submission of the 2020 GAD Accomplishment Report:
- Collected the GAD Accomplishment Reports for the 9th UP Diliman GAD Summit Accomplishment Reporting
- Prepared the monthly UPDGO Internal Accomplishment and Finance Reports for 2020; and
- Called for GAD Accomplishment Report contributions through a Memorandum from the Office of the Chancellor.